Today, I wanted to talk about something other than mediumship and/or the paranornal. With the new year being right around the corner, I want to discuss the importance of goals.
At the end of every year, most people take a look back at the their previous year and think about the good, the bad, and what you can do differently in the upcoming year. That’s why, this is the perfect time to set your resolution or set new goals. Our loved ones (both on this plane and on the spirit plane) want us to be happy and successful, so now is the time to start making changes and make your dreams come true! But let’s face it, its often easier said then done. How can we make sure we stick to our goals and keep trying? Whether you are striving for one big accomishment or aiming for multiple, remember these few important key steps that help ensure success:
- think carefully and decide on what you most want to accomplish. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to really narrow it down and decide what is most important to you. Smaller goals may be easier to accomplish but do not let that scare you away from trying to reach something bigger
- Write it down- research has shown that people who write down their goals and develop a plan of action have increased success in actually reaching their goals. Write down your goals in a place that you see frequently. Whether it’s in a journal or a note on your door, place it somewhere that you will costantly see it (remember, out of sight…out of mind- let’s try and avoid that)
- D evelope an action plan- to reach a larger goal, you may need to accomplish a few smaller ones along the way. Decide how you want to progress and write it down! Write down timelines too..that will give you something to strive for. For example, let’s say your 2016 goal is to loose weight. That’s very general so the plan must be fairly specific. Maybe your plan includes something like this: walking the dog 3 days per week, no dessert on mondays, only eat red meat 1 time per week…ect ect…see what I mean ? By doing and accomplishing all of these little things, that helps you reach your goal to loose weight
- Talk about it- tell your family and friends about your plan. Research has shown (again!) That when you discuss your goals with others, you are more apt to keep them because you do not want to disappoint anyone, let anyone down, or even have to admit failure .
- Set a start date – believe it or not, this can be the hardest step! Set your date and stick to it. But be fair to yourself ahead of time, pick a day that is calm and not overbooked already. Do not set yourself up for failure by picking a day that you will be in meetings all day and then are going to your kids soccer game. Set yourself up for success from the beginning.
- Evaluate – pick a day each week, each month, ect to evaluate your goals and where you currently stand. If a certain part of your action plan is hinduring you from reaching your goal, change it to something that would be more helpful and then continue on!
- Celebrate- a large part in actually accomplishing your goals is motivation and we are motivated by things that do not occur every day. Everytime you accomishment a step, treat yourself! That will be great motivation for you to keep moving forward!
Thanks for reading and blessings for a safe, happy, and healthy new year !!