The holidays are quickly approaching and this is often a time that people start to reflect on their past, present, and future. With that being said, it can be an emotional time for people as they think about mistakes and regrets and a lonely time for people as well as they think about their loved ones that have passed. We always tend to miss our loved ones that have crossed over during this time. We wish they were here on the physical plane with us to share in the holiday joy and to reminisce on memories. But remember, they are with you always. If you want to connect with your loved ones who have crossed over on a more personal level, try meditation. Meditation is one of the most powerful forms of connection and with some diligence, patience, and practice, you can learn how to connect with the spirit world in a positive way.
Many people find meditation a challenge. It is not something that you can master overnight but mark my words, it is powerful and it does work! Yes, it can be a longterm time commitment, but isn’t it worth it? Today, I will show you how to begin a meditation and as the weeks progress, you will learn how to add new things for a deeper meditation and then finally how to connect with loved ones.
Choose a time to meditate that you are not in a rush. Pick a quiet time in your house and pick a time where distractions are minimal.
Steps to Meditation:
- Wear comfortable clothing. Nothing restrictive (if you have ever had a reading by me in my office, you know this is what I do!)
- Play soft, consistent music; preferably instrumental. One of my personal favorites is “Heart of Reiki” by Merlin’s Magic.
- Get into a comfortable position for you. Many suggest sitting upright in a chair with your legs uncrossed, but you do whatever you are comfortable with! I prefer to meditate in my bed because I often am tired after the meditation or will even fall asleep during
- Now, begin to repeat a simple mantra, over and over again. You have probably heard the term, “Ohm.” You can use this or another easy word to repeat is “Peace.” Keep repeating this word.
- Continue this for approximately 15 minutes to start. As time goes on and you gain experience, you can lengthen your meditation time
Remember, follow these steps and practice doing just the above steps for a week! We will then learn to add new tools as time goes on for a more meaningful meditation. But, you must master the basics in order to move up!
Blessings to all and a happy Thanksgiving!