As an end to our Halloween season, let’s end with a bang! This is the season where we see a growing interest in the paranormal world. People try and connect with the paranormal in a variety of different ways, but it is not something that you should mess with if you don’t know what you are doing!
When a person is possessed, a negative spiritual entity has attached itself to a particular person. When an entity is strong and powerful, sometimes the only way to rid a person of the attachment is through an exorcism, often performed by a priest or a gifted psychic. Whoever is performing the exorcism needs to have experience in this field! Holy water and prayers are often used during an exorcism.
Stages of an Exorcism:
- Presence/Manifestation- this is the period in which the spirit will show itself to the priest or the psychic and it’s origin will be known
- Infestation- This is when the spirit will try and manipulate the affected individual, and will try and bring attention to themselves, often in the form of voices, footsteps, or poltergeist activity
- Breaking Point- This is the point in which the spirit will begin to exit the manifested body, often violently.
- Voice- similiar to the eye of the storm, where a calming sense comes over the group yet the spirit tries to speak through its subject
- Clash- this is the struggle and the fight between good vs. evil
- Exit- the spirit leaves the body and it is often manifested in the form of shaking and convulsions
There are two common exit strategies when a negative spirit haunts a house or a person:
- House blessing/cleaning- we spoke about this in a previous blog. This can be done with again, a priest or psychic, but it can take multiple attempts. After the first cleaning, you will generally see a difference after the first cleansing.
- Spirit Evocation- also known as an exorcism. This is usually more powerful and can resolve the conflict, guaranteeing the spirit to leave the entity permanent..
Remember- never perform an exorcism yourself…always bring in the expert!
Thanks for reading and Happy Halloween!